Old December 11th 15, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Which 18m FES sailplane to buy?

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 12:15:17 -0700, Dan Marotta wrote:

...and no experience with flaps with any of those except, maybe on of
the Pegase models.

No flaps on any Pegase that I'm aware of. 101D has carbon spars.

Pegase 90 is the last version and best, with all self-connecting
controls. No, I don't know how many were made or why the 90 should be a
successor to the 101, unless it was the 1990 model.

I had around 200 hours solo before I converted to a flapped glider
(ASW-20) and that seemed about right. I didn't have any problems with
flaps once I learnt to give the stick a good shove as I put in landing
flap on finals (or is the matching speed drop an ASW-20 feature?).
However I reckon it was another 35 hours before I was almost always in
the right flap setting without having to think about it.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK