Old December 24th 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim MacDonald

Default Why are so many Stemme S10-VT motorgliders for sale?

In rebuttal to Post#4 (Mal): The S10-VT's high L/D,
low minimum sink rate, and jettison-able canopy for
bail-out make it one of the safest and most capable
light aircraft available. I've never felt safer flying
in any other aircraft.

Posting a 2002 incident (whose cause was identified
and corrected), coupled with a 2006 incident (the cause
of which is not stated/unknown) is unfair. I would
remind Mal that the majority of aircraft crashes are
caused by pilot error, not aircraft problems.

I can't really speak to the reason why more may be
on the market at any given time .... LSA may be a factor,
or perhaps sellers are considering purchasing the new
S6.

I have yet to meet a dissatisfied S10-VT pilot ....
quite the contrary!