Old May 21st 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Outside reference in IMC

On May 20, 11:21*pm, romeomike wrote:

I'm not an ultimate authority on this, but I don't get your instructor's
point of view. If someone else can explain how in this scenario one can
safely fly without reference to instruments, you and I are sure to learn
something.

Yep, I didn't get it either but in the full scheme of things, I wasn't
complaining, as at least I had an instructor who wasn't afraid of
touching a cloud. He went on to the regionals, and my second
instructor wouldn't fly in ceilings less then 1000.and my airport
minimums was 1/2 that.

On the other hand, the second instructor had much better cockpit
management so I did have the best of both worlds.