Old July 3rd 14, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default Schleicher Power/Solar rotary switch specs?

That's exactly why my friend wanted me to change his switch. I put in 2 SPST toggle switches for him - end of problem with rebooting instruments upon switching batteries.

There are make-before-break rotary switches. I've put a a few Cole-Hersee 72171-01 switches for friends. They handle 20A at 12V DC.

-John, Q3

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:54:58 AM UTC-4, noel.wade wrote:
Yup. I've reached out to Marquardt USA; will post here with into if they get back to me.

I am not after a direct replacement, though... I'm trying to find a make-before-break (or "shorting") switch that fits with minimal changes to the panel or labeling. It's annoying to lose voltage and have avionics reset when switching from one batt to the next! :-P

--Noel