Old May 29th 18, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trailer license problem

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 6:32:33 PM UTC-4, Retting wrote:
And if you’re lucky and have two.........only need one plate.......to help the revenuers with less paperwork.

The problem with using one plate on two trailers in Michigan anyway is when the cop checks the serial ## on the manufactures plate, right front side of trailer. If it doesn't match the registration ## they will take that plate = $75 Plus a $150 dollar fine, now you have to replace that plate $75 then buy another plate $75. So that's $350 if he didn't have your trailer towed away to a storage yard you are lucky. The other thing is your insurance wont cover your trailer if its not your trailer, hence your correct registration.
That happened to my buddy and his boat trailer. So now I have now bought plates for all 12 of my trailers, yes 12. But now I'm a legal boy scout.
Glen