Old May 29th 18, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Trailer license problem

And, if it's available, get a Permanent license plate.Â* It costs about
twice what a 2-year plate costs.

On 5/28/2018 6:54 PM, Mike C wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 6:04:40 PM UTC-6, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 11:49:13 AM UTC-7, PapaTango of Indiana wrote:
I purchased a glider. FAA registration was done with the FAA bill of sale, had no problem. The trailer and the glider are in Pennsylvania, have no license plate and have only a 10 years old registration from Florida. It never accrued to me that my Indiana state license office will not accept the FAA bill of sale for the license plate application. Good lesson to you all, to have a separate bill of sale from your own state’s official motor vehicle form. Now, I have to chase the seller from overseas to sign a new form. However, there are more issues. This trailer never had a title being registered in Florida and Indiana will not issue a new license plate without a title and that local bill of sale. Many things could be done if the trailer would be back in my home state. I am trying to tow the trailer home soon and not hand it over to a commercial shipper. You guys must know something how to get a temporary sticker or something from PA. Do I need a temp travel pass from each state that I will cross? How does this work?
Thank you for your time!

I am having issues with getting registration in California for a Florida trailer. Paperwork has been back and forth to Sacramento THREE times now. Going to the DMV again tomorrow. I had a bill of sale from pervious owner, that included the trailer. He even got new new FL plates for the trailer and I have his FL registration. CA is insisting on a title from FL even though they don't issue them.

Will see what happens tomorrow...

Similar situation here in that I have a trailer with a Bill of Sale, a current out of state registration and plate. I have to get a Surety Bond and have the trailer inspected by DMV in order to get a valid NM title. A doable hassle that I have done before.

So many trailers, so few titles!

Mike

--
Dan, 5J