Old February 12th 10, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default If all midair collisions were eliminated...

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message ...
writes:

... Snip ...
.

One advantage of simulation is that you can afford better avionics. However,
only one of my small aircraft (the Baron) is equipped with TCAS, and the very
same instrument (a Sandel ST3400) is available to anyone with a small aircraft
who is prepared to pay for it (about $35,000 for the real-world version, and
1000 times cheaper for the sim version).

... Snip ...

"... available to anyone with a small aircraft ..."?????

I don't have the budget to put one in my aircraft; however, if I did ...... How big would the battery have to be to power a TCAS on a 6+ hour cross country flight in an aircraft without an electrical system? The follow on question is ... What use is simulation if the simulator avionics aren't in the aircraft you fly?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://tinyurl.com/N990-6F