Old October 12th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

My first thought after hearing about this crash was here is another
case of an inept Cirrus pilot tempting Darwinism and losing. Then I
wondered what could have caused this since I have ZERO knowledge of
the airspace and relevant factors affecting flight in that area.

Then I hear about the VFR corridor being only 2000' wide and a left
turn (to the west) with an easterly wind.

So at this point my initial perception may prove to be accurate.

Ron Lee