Old October 12th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Two pilots, not a crew, heads up and locked. Go back to the
Munson accident and it was similar. Ever go to a school
reunion and meet an old teacher? You tend to become
deferential. That is what Munson did.
http://www.airdisaster.com/reports/n...SB-AAR-80-2%22
works

wrote in message
ups.com...

| Tom Conner wrote:
|
| Is there a design benefit for an aircraft to not be spin
recoverable?

| Yes, you can tack on a parachute and charge more for the
plane.

| I wonder if the pilots were turning left, got blown too
far and too
| close to the buildings by the strong wind yesterday, tried
to bank even
| more, stalled and spun. (An observer said he saw the
plane bank
| strongly and another saw the plane zig-zagging before it
struck the
| building, which sounds like a spin to me.) With an
instructor aboard,
| I doubt it was a visibility issue especially hearing that
the vis was