Old August 20th 03, 06:50 PM
Peter Duniho

"Robert Henry" wrote in message
news:hpK0b.11202$uh6.8355@lakeread05...
The number of DNS queries to render any particular page can drive this

time
up quite high. Have a couple packets lost in between? ouch.

That's just silly. Especially for the typical use in an FBO, the number of
DNS queries to render any particular page is going to be quite small.
Furthermore, there's no need for DNS queries to be serviced sequentially,
and I doubt any browser would do it that way. I know that IE doesn't.

Once they get the initial page HTML, any additional Internet addresses that
need a DNS query to be resolved can and will be handled asynchronously. In
other words, a dozen DNS queries required by a single page isn't going to
take much more time than one additional DNS query would take.

$1000 a year is a bit steep for the class of service.

Only if you can have DSL or a cable modem installed. If you are in the
boonies and satellite is the fastest, most reliable Internet connection you
can get, $1000/year isn't that bad at all.

Pete