Old August 20th 03, 07:10 PM
John Harper

Huh? MS attempted to build a NT-based router several years ago and gave
up. There is no such animal.

OTOH a Linksys router will cost $100-200 at your friendly local Fry's
(or whatever) and will do everything required.

I suppose I should admit a bias here since Linksys just got acquired by
my employer, but actually we acquired them precisely BECAUSE they
are such a good fit to this kind of requirement. They
have competitors like Netgear who do the same kind of thing at the
same price point, so you can take this as a generic recommendation.

John

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"One's Too Many" wrote in message
m...
[...] The money for acquiring a broadband Internet connection for our
humble little FBO is being mostly pooled together by the local EAA /
homebuilt guys who are all quite the Linux and Apple zealots and hate
Microsoft. A Windows-only broadband connection will be totally
unpalateable to them.

Well, it's true. Religious zealots often pay dearly for their irrational
beliefs.

By the way, if they'd tolerate even a single Windows box (the cost of

which
would be miniscule compared to the total cost of the Internet connection),
they could hook up whatever other operating systems they want, using the
Windows box as the network router.

Pete