Old August 20th 03, 09:51 PM
Newps

Morgans wrote:

During solstices, or even within a few days, the elevation to the sun and
the satelite is nearly the same. As the sun transits across the sky, for a
period of time, your reciever, the satelite, and the sun are all nearly in
line. The sun; since it appears directly on the other side of the
transmitter, overcomes the transmitter signal with white noise (radiation)

Directv is unaffected. I have had my system for 7 years now. Not so
much as a hiccup excpet when there is a heavy wet snow. The snow sticks
to the feedhorn. Brush it off and the picture is back. I have turned
the TV on in a heavy downpour and checked signal strength, no change.
Always in the high 80's here.