Old November 13th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

Default Cambridge L-Nav audio vario just ate it...

On Nov 13, 5:50*pm, Bruno wrote:
On my last flight my audio vario suddenly started to read a consistent
300-400 fpm too high for the present conditions. *I have a mechanical
vario that remained accurate and on my L-Nav screen my average fpm
sink rate was correct. *Any ideas what I can check? *It was really
annoying when I was sinking at a true 300 fpm on glides but my audio
was telling me I was going up 100fpm. *If only it was always that way
in real life! *

Thanks,
Bruno - B4

Hi Bruno,

What you wrote is a little confusing. I wonder if you meant that the
dial was showing high along with the audio tone, while the LNAV LCD
screen showed a believable average (and netto)? As you probably
know, it is possible to adjust the zero and gain on the vario through
the configure screen, and the manual tells you what the acceptable
zero number ranges are. It would at least be interesting to have a
look at those values and see what they show. But, it wouldn't
explain (at least to me) while the dial and audio are out of sync with
the other values.

Sounds like a trip to NK is in order.

P3