Old May 3rd 09, 06:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ian B MacLure

Default "PENTAGON WORKING TO GIVE F-35 JSF NUCLEAR-STRIKE CAPABILITY"

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in
:

It's Saturday, Ian is enjoying his schnops :-).

That's "schnaps" and I don't drink as a rule.

On May 2, 9:07 am, Ian B MacLure wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote

m:

And there's the problem Ed, a mini-atomic bomber without
any concievable target, that would only be redundant.

Your inability to conceive of a possible adversary doesn't
preclude the possibility that one exists.

There may be alligators under my bed, so I sleep
with a shot-gun?

I'll bet you duck to avoid low flying turtles as well.

Ed, somehow, your using the limitation of the Vietnam
conflict, and the NATO cold-war tactical nuke deployment
as being relevent to the F-35+nuke debate. Let's plan for
the future, good planning will provide the future we want.

Below \, I'm seeing politics, that is thread drift.
Ken

Your point being what exactly?
And I'm pretty sure the drift started elsewhere.

IBM