Old June 25th 15, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default When is too many at a glider meet

The majority of the participants at Nephi are seasoned contest or cross-country pilots. I have no qualms about flying there.

However, it's pretty likely that one or more gliders will suffer some at least minor damage in a ten-day long event. There will be something like 300 or more cross-country flights, with rigging, derigging, towing, loading and some outlanding. (My ship suffered minor damage on my recent trip to Moriarty - trailer and hangar rash.) It's what happens when you use your ship as intended. They are fragile and cross-country flying is not a benign pastime!

Mike