Old September 8th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default End of Season Sunset Warning for SSA-OLC Participants

The majority of cross-country pilots violate flight rules to a greater
or lesser extent. The majority of these violations a

1) Flying too close to terrain or people - common in many ridge flights
out east

2) Flying too close to clouds - common everywhere.

I wonder how long it will be before ridge fliers' igc files are
scrutinized for their proximity to terrain and they are asked for an
explanation?

....and thank goodness clouds don't appear on our igc files - we'd all
be screwed!

Mike