Old January 27th 04, 07:42 PM
DeltaDeltaDelta

as far as i have heard from some ATC sources i have, the NDBs will be the
first to go and the ones least used (leats critical) are already shut down.
Omega was also turned off recenlty i heard. Then VORs will go until nothing
is left except satellites...but that won't happen for some years still
(depending on the part of the world) till all aircraft become standard
equipped with GPS gear.

Triple Delta

"Don Tuite" wrote in message
On 27 Jan 2004 09:26:25 -0800, (Ingo K?hne)
wrote:

Hello

I am not a real pilot, just interested in aviation and simulation. My
question is if the GPS with all its accuracy and worldwide
availability will soon replace all other navaids for IFR. So a little
provocative: who needs VORs and NDBs anymore?

They'll be decomissioned when we run out of spares.

Don