Old April 1st 05, 03:07 AM
Bob Salvo

An analog meter does a nice job of smoothing the information in mild
turbulence. Additional smoothing may be needed with a digital system. If a
pitot that is used to sample the airspeed at the other port of the pressure
gauge has the same hose size and length as the hose coming from the rake,
the pressure gauge output should be smoother. You might consider using a
Kiel tube for the pitot and mounting it on you drag probe. I hope to hear
more about your tests.

Bob

"nimbusgb" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a differential pressure gauge built around a Honeywell DUXL01D.
Measuring 0 - 1" H20 which is the same range that I've seen used on the
old 80's repogle systems and in Dick Johnsons tests.

At the moment, during testing I'll be using an analog meter, my
amplifier outputs a signal between .6 and 4 volts. Ultimately it'll go
into an A/D converter on a digital system I have.

Ian