Old August 6th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Chaplin

Default "Battleship" Movie Trailer

William Black wrote in
:

On 08/05/2011 11:56 PM, Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

You posted a .pdf site some time ago, it was a fascinating read. I
always pay more attention now whenever I see any news item from
India, be it on YouTube or television, just to see if any of the
policemen are swinging those around for crowd control.

The Bombay Police are getting all high tech these days, they've
shifted from their bamboo, brass tipped lathis to nice new white
fibre glass ones that are probably less liable to break but don't look
anything like as pretty.

Something I don't miss from my military career: riot drill as part of Aid
to the Civil Power training, especially if you were told off as a rioter.
Canadian Forces-issue riot batons were the finest ash, and fluted so that
you could scalp someone not wearing headgear if you struck a glancing blow.
(ObSMN: this sort of training was given to all basic trainees in the
1970s--even future matelots, who might be called upon to defend HMC
Dockyard against strikers. As police capabilities improved, it was dropped
from course training plans.)
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO