Old May 5th 05, 10:39 PM
A Lieberman

On 5 May 2005 14:21:41 -0700, Andrew wrote:

ATC says "radar contact, 20 miles south of XYZ, proceed on course". Do
you acknowledge this transmission?

Yes. I read back all instructions. So, I would acknowledge the initial
contact:

proceed on course, 43 Lima. No need to repeat the location as that is what
I believe ATC's verification of your position.

How about when ATC says "altimeter
setting 2992" on your first contact after a handoff? Does this require
acknowledgement?

I don't think altimeter readings are "required", however, if anything, from
what I understand it helps ATC to see that you hear them. So, I would read
29.92, 43 lima

What I wonder is, is it better to say your tail number first or after your
acknowledgement or read back of instructions. I tend to flip flop.

Allen