Old August 25th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
abripl[_1_]

Default Koch Chart Formula

On 2006-08-25, abripl wrote:
Jim's formula were correct. ....

Ed,

I am not debating Jim's prescription correctness, just mathematical
function usefulness. I posted the original post and asked for a math
function to represent the Koch chart. Jim did not do that but gave the
Da = f(T,Pa) function and then we need to add more to it.

The Koch chart, itself, contains no takeoff distance and climb performance. .......

Aw come on. All you have to know is your sea level T.O. and Climb and
just multiply by Koch chart factors. Very simple one step process.....
And it easily goes to 10K dens. alt.

Does anybody know Mr. Koch? Surely somebody made the chart up
originally?