Old September 19th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Talk Like A Pirate Day

On 2008-09-18 10:14:19 -0700, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com said:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Tomorrow is Friday, September 19: International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

It is important that pilots and controllers use proper radio terminology
on this day.

Instead of merely requesting permission to taxi, for example, the pilot
should say, "Avast, ye scurvy scum in the tow'r. We be taxiing to runway
17." If the tower controller is female, she may also be addressed as "Ye
saucy wench."

I have no doubt that others will wish to add their own recommendations.
:-)

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

This has nothing but bad news written all over it. Yarrrrrr.

So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel jammed in his pants.
The bartender looks up and says hey buddy what is with the steering wheel in
your pants?
The pirate says "Yar, tis drivin' me nuts!"

What is a pirate's favorite phone?

The Aye-phone!