Old May 3rd 16, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default cold weather flying

How will ski boot liners perform in a parachute landing?

On 5/2/2016 2:53 PM, wrote:
Finally a subject I have knowledge of

I found that the best is the inside boot liner of my ski boots. I never get very cold skiing and thought "let me try them" they worked excellent.

I had though of trying heaters ... but what happens if they get too hot or..... I can not reach my feet at all in my Pegase. I flew Mt Washington and got really high - 50+ below zero - was never totally frozen. I use them now for all winter flying.

WH1

--
Dan, 5J