Old August 15th 03, 10:38 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(Snowbird) wrote:

We're contemplating our options. Replace #2 with a KI-214 (integral
GS receiver) so we have two LOC/GS? with a KI-209a/external GS receiver
so we have 2 LOC/GS but also something which might be capable of VNAV
at a later date?

are there new KI-214's out there? If not, think about how old
those things are. I know they are about the same age as your
radios, but the repair costs approach the cost of replacements.

back in 1994-1995 I had a KI-214 in my 140. The second time it
failed I nuked it. In my case I replaced the KX-170B/KI-214 with
a KX-125 and filled the hole with a strikefinder.

good luck

--
Bob Noel