Old August 16th 03, 09:19 PM
Snowbird

(Ben Jackson) wrote in message news:INc%a.152471$uu5.22850@sccrnsc04...

While researching the avionics in all of the planes I was considering
buying I ran across the KI-214. It has a poor reputation. I also had
a hard time finding used/overhauled ones for sale to try and put a
value on it.

This is strange to me. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of
used/yellow tagged units. They go for $700-900 depending on where
you buy it, on ebay you can get them for less depending upon
condition and the phase of the Moon.

It is a consideration to us that it's a unit of comparable age
to our 201C indicator, so if it's now unrepairable there's a
chance that the 214 might die and be unrepairable. So it might
be worth more money up-front to get a newer unit.

Cheers,
Sydney