Old March 15th 05, 05:01 PM
Gary

Actualy I believe the reason the Oklahoma bombing was soo destructive was
not so much the power of the bomb but rather a structural flaw in the design
of the building. The truck was parked under a ground level parkade and when
detonated actualy lifted part of the building and one of the main horizontal
supports was not connected to the rest of the structure. This main support
then fell inward from the force of the blast when the weight of the building
was no longer holding it in place. Once the pressure from the blast had
dissipated, the floors above, now without any support came crashing down. If
the main horizontal support had been fastend to the building the destruction
may not have been as severe!

However things like this and 9/11 bring on the fear mongering by (uneducated
or ignorant) john q public and our goverments hell bent on control. Which in
turn then takes away more of our rights and feedoms that our fore fathers
fought so hard to protect.

Flying is just plane fun and something I enjoy immensley. I really get bent
out of shape whenever someone starts shouting that the sky is falling and
the plane are full of terroists!

LOL. well that is my rant for today. Hope everyones day here is full of
clear skies and strong tail winds.

Gary

"Icebound" wrote in message

"cpu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Did you hear what they said?

NBC: 1 Cessna + 200 lb of fertelizer = Oklahoma bombing.

Really?

The Oklahoma bomb was described as a "massive truck bomb" in a rented

Ryder
truck.
A quote:

The FBI also changed the size of the bomb numerous times. They originally
claimed that it weighed 1,200 pounds, upgraded that figure to 2,000

pounds,
then to 4,000 pounds, and finally, they issued a press release stating

that
the bomb weighed 4800 pounds.

:unquote

There is also some evidence that if was something much more than just
fertilizer and fuel, because similar large fertilizer and fuel bombs had
done much less damage in the past.... but then you can read the conspiracy
theories all over the internet for yourselves.