Old May 24th 19, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default ASW27B prices falling

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 8:55:49 PM UTC-6, ripacheco1967 wrote:
There is a couple for sale on W&W one is SOLO powered not self launch though
The HpH 304 CZ in the same category or "no way".
I'm new to all this.

I think the Lak 17a performs closer to the 304S especially at higher cruising speeds. I use to own a Mini Nimbus and flying with a 304CZ, the CZ was MAYBE slightly better in cruise, and definitely a little better in climb, maybe because the 304 had winglets (also the Mini was flying with a little bit higher wing loading). The LAK I now own is quite a bit better than the Mini.

Look at the sports class handicaps to get a general idea on performance differences between sailplanes.

Mike