Old December 20th 04, 03:37 PM
Aviv Hod

Default Boston City Tour

I went flying with a couple of friends on Saturday and hoped to be
cleared into Boston Class B to do the city tour. After departing
Hanscom (KBED) and turning to the south, I called up Boston Tower on
128.8 and asked to follow the Charles River into town to do the city
tour. To my delight, on this bright, sunny, and windless day, Boston
Tower was very accommodating, cleared us into Bravo airspace and allowed
us to head into town. The only request was to remain at or below 1500
and north of the extended centerline of Logan runway 27, which was in
use at the time.

Flying over the Charles River, we got some spectacular views of
downtown, Cambridge, and our beloved Community Boating facilities near
the Longfellow Bridge (the salt and pepper bridge). Swinging back
around for a second pass, the controller called me up and said that he's
done with runway 27 for a few minutes, and that flying south of the
centerline is approved if I wish.

This allowed me to fly over Fenway park and circle town from the other
side, over Boston Harbor, then turn left over the harbor and get a great
view of North End. This was definitely one of my most memorable flights!

Pictures are he
http://www.avivhod.com/gallery/2004-...ston-City-Tour

Happy Holidays to all!

-Aviv