Old August 5th 05, 04:30 AM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 02:05:51 GMT, Jose
wrote in : :

We'll win the war on terror the same way we won the war on drugs.

Agreed. Given the fact that the Volstead Act sparked the worst crime
spree in the history of the nation, one would think that lawmakers
would take a clue about outlawing victimless "crime".

Some things are just not possible... like finding a number that's
greater than six but less than four.

Or like getting the John Larson's certified before they take to the
air.

The only way to really stop
terrorists is to find them and destroy them before they do their deeds,
but they hide pretty well while they are sleeping. To find them when
they are sleeping, we need to be able to investigate them pretty
thoroughly, before we know who they are. That means we need to
investigate everyone pretty thoroughly, and that pretty much undermines
the consititution and the freedoms it promises.

There is another way to find Islamic terrorists. If those Muslims who
are aware of terrorists in their midst were to inform on them, it
would not only help identify them, but establish Muslim immigrants as
sincerely attempting to do their part. They are, after all, in the
best position to identify Islamic terrorists. Perhaps a bounty, al la
the GOP's whistle blower offer on Chicago's mayor, might help too.
Until that begins to occur, they're all suspects.