Old August 5th 05, 05:22 AM
Dave Stadt

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
Why do you think [the DC ADIZ] was implemented?

To "do something".

You don't believe that the DC ADIZ was created as a 'friend or foe'
buffer zone so that innocent citizens aren't mistakenly shot down?

No.

It has a nice plausible ring to it (btw, I do consider the FRZ part of
the ADIZ), but I don't think it was created for this purpose at all.

It does not accomplish this purpose. To do so it would have to be a
hundred miles across. Maybe more. At least, in a free country where we
don't shoot on sight (and so far, we have not shot on sight - how free
the country is is subject to debate).

It does not even remotely address the actual threat that was
demonstrated, nor the likely most damaging threats that could be
implemented. And inside of ten years, when terrorist operatives already
have ATP licenses, are air traffic controllers, and work the baggage
areas at major airports, it won't even matter.

In my opinion, it was designed to reassure the public that they should
be scared, but that the government will protect them.

It appears the government is protecting itself and could care less about the
public.