Old August 5th 05, 06:48 AM
Don Tuite

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:59:58 GMT, Jose
wrote:

Actually, first somebody else wrote:

If those Muslims who are aware of terrorists
in their midst were to inform on them...

Then Jose said:
Didn't communist China do this some years back? This kind of thing can
be useful if it is appropriately contained, but it's hard to say where
it should stop.

Try England under the later Tudors. Denunciation and Star Chamber
trial. Then the headsman. Or France under the Reign of Terror. Or
Germany in the twentieth century. And France and Poland, and in fact,
damn near everywhere except (for the most part) Holland and Denmark.
Your next-door neighbor is often happy to denounce you if there's a
chance of picking up your land.

You know who resisted the temptation? Our parents and grandparents.
There is story after story about Euro-americans looking after the
property of Japanese internees during the war and returning their
homes and business to them after it was over. I'd like to hope that
the current generation has the same scruples, but I'd rather not have
to find out.

Don