Old August 5th 05, 04:28 PM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:59:58 GMT, Jose
wrote in : :

There is another way to find Islamic terrorists.

Islamic terrorists aren't the problem.

Terrorists are the problem.

Bill Maher recently expressed the opinion, that crashing airliners
laden with hundreds of people was a faith based initiative. :-)

[...]

It is the evil ideas that must be stopped. But alas, there's something in
the constitution about that.

So if it's not possible to stop ideas, what action is appropriate?

If those Muslims who are aware of terrorists
in their midst were to inform on them...

Didn't communist China do this some years back? This kind of thing can
be useful if it is appropriately contained, but it's hard to say where
it should stop. Or rather, it's easy to say, but hard to agree, and I
don't trust this administration to agree with me.

I'm just talking about Muslims coming forward of their own volition
and exposing those in their ranks they believe to be terrorists. Such
active cooperation would be an additional source of information, and
paint the Muslim-American community as allies in the fight-for-right
not the harborers of evil as they are currently being viewed.

I fail to understand your fear of where "this kind of thing" should
stop.

Clearly we should encourage informants to out terrorists, drug kingpins,
religious extremists, welfare abusers, deadbeat dads, athiests,
jaywalkers, gays, and people who fly little airplanes "for fun". If
you're doing nothing wrong, you shouldn't be afraid.

Oh, you're concerned about informing in an Orwellian way. I
understand now: kids informing to the government on their parents, and
such.

When you lump "people who fly little airplanes" and terrorists in the
same group, it becomes difficult to take your words seriously.