Old August 5th 05, 06:35 PM
Terry Briggs

Excuse me for being pessimistic, but I think I saw a note on another thread
here that there are about 600,000 pilots in the USA.

Forgive my math, but isn't that less than 1% of the population?

If that is the case, and politicians are great at figuring out who matters,
why should anyone in Washington listen to us?

Look at the problems faced by the NRA (and I am neither for or against them,
nor am I a member) when it comes to gun control. That organization certainly
has more clout than we do.

Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that it is hopeless to fight battles
like the Washington area ADIZ.

The folks that live there feel safe surrounded by millions of people living
elbow to elbow and most probably haven't and never will fly in a small plane
and experience the joy that we do.

Terry

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

It seems that the issue of the FAA closing the 2,000 square mile
airspace around DC is capable of generating a lot of heat among the
pilot community. Let's try to see if we can use this forum to
generate some light, and mount an effective opposition to the FAA's
NPRM:

snipped ...