Old August 12th 04, 04:52 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Newps" wrote in message

If the computer doesn't recognize a fix it won't accept it.

True only if the fix is within the processing center or the first fix
outside.

To make matters even more confusing you can call AFSS and get a
plan into the computer that my computer will not take.

No, he can't.

And my computer will print that flight plan and it will work normally.

No, it won't.

For example when I fly back
to the Minneapolis area I always land at Anoka County, ANE. You can
call Great Falls AFSS(or use DUATS) and file your flight plan to ANE and
it will print out in front of me. I, however, cannot type in the same
flight plan because my computer does not recognize ANE.

Wrong. What the computer accepts or rejects does not vary with the source
of the flight plan.