Old November 2nd 03, 09:37 PM
Jack Glendening

JJ Sinclair wrote:
Dr. Jack wrote
JJ, I want some of that stuff you are putting on your wings so you can
count on gliding 15sm and only losing 1000 ft

Right on Jack,
Just goes to show how much we rely on our airborne computers, doesn't it?

I had just been flying my glider the day before but it's LNAV isn't
properly calibrated and always thinks I have a 10kt tailwind so I know
it's "required altitude" is optimistic and had been doing that kind of
mental calucation all day. So when I saw that you used 15 miles it
certainly caught my eye. (I use nautical miles, though, since then I
can use the latitude scale as a quick ruler, 1minute=1nm).