Old March 16th 04, 01:49 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in

message

news
In article ,
(AllanStern) wrote:

PatricAFB Area Log - Sunday, 14 March 2004

Commwere heard from various acrobatic acft at the Tico

Airshow;
thair-air cueing was heard on 127.775. Also snagged comms from

several
of
thairshow acft returning home after the show.
Snoopy Blimpilot has long chat with Patrick Tower.

I saw a really nice sight yesterday, as some of my neighbors returned
from TICO.

The 5 Marchetti Mavericks (SF-260s) were formed in a Vee, with Gene Mc
Neely in his T-6 in the slot (all nice and tight). They overflew

Spruce
Creek and formed echelon right. They did a beautiful fan break as they
came overhead and broke to downwind for landing.

Would that be Spruce Creek, as in the fly-in community? Interesting

place,
what with the hangars in place of garages for some of the homes, and the
signs warning of taxiing aircraft on the streets. The in-laws live there
(albeit they are non-flyers, except when he is behind the wheel on the
highway...).

Brooks

Yup -- rumor has it that, if you have lived at Spruce Creek and die and
go to heaven -- it is just a lateral transfer. Actually, we have only
two combination roadway/taxiways: Cessna Blvd and Lindy Loop -- all the
others are separate (either taxiway or roadway). It really keeps things
simple. My hangar is separate from my garage, although it also has a
driveway and garage door.

I know all the people involved (one time I rode with them for a flyover)
-- my neighbor across the street is one of the Mavericks and is also a
national board member od the AF Assn. He is a pretty good guy ans has
been very active with Wright Flight -- a program for encouraging
positive leadership values in Middle School kids.

Small world. I was down there for Christmas a couple of months back.

Brooks