Old May 22nd 17, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Stemme S12 in Michigan this Saturday, May 20th (KOZW) @ 4 pm

Ya! See my previous post with a link to my flight from Moriarty to
Nephi. 5+ hours between 17-18,000' MSL. 11.3 gallons... Sure beats
driving 12 hours dragging a trailer and I can fold the wings in 4
minutes (after spend about 5 to secure the pads on the back of the
fuselage).

On 5/22/2017 8:22 AM, Sean Fidler wrote:
I guess you get what you pay for. 😆

Arcus M is same price but the Stemme sits rigged in T hangar vs requiring a huge hangar to keep the Arcus (or similar) rigged, and needing tow out gear to get to the runway, etc. Depends on the mission I suppose. In my old age I'm getting tired of all the hassle. I just want to go.

Also, Arcus engine overheats and you can't cruise to the good condtions.

Interesting decisions.

--
Dan, 5J