Old November 29th 18, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Default Solar Farm Development Near Glider Port - Problem?

We have two large photovoltaic solar farms near our gliderport and they are consistent thermal generators. The panels are fixed and aimed Southwest. I've approached them from all directions and have never seen any glare whatsoever.

A third, larger, field of generators is being installed further south and I'm eager to see how it produces. All of these solar farms are going into played-out orange groves that were unlandable, so there are no downsides to the solar conversion.

Paul A.
Treasure Coast Soaring Club
Vero Beach, FL