Old March 29th 04, 02:59 PM

I had good luck with Kelly Instruments in KS on my EDO-AIRE AI and DG last
year. Something like $300 each to overhaul, came back cosmetically beautiful. Now I
can pretty much set the DG at annual time and forget it for the rest of the year (not
quite, but once up and running, it's 1-2 degrees/hour precession). The AI wallers
nicely on startup, and erects in less than 5 sec. Don't know about longevity, but so
far so good (100 hours later).

From what I've heard the new gyros are crap... I'd believe it to. Seeing the
guts of mine before sending it off (I just *had* to look)... very well built
old-school stuff. Ever wonder why the hockey-puck DG's and Sparrow AI's from the '50s
are still going strong having never been overhauled? Too many companies these days
take their well-respected name for granted and start bowing to the cost-reduction
gods.

Jay Honeck wrote:
: Do you have contact info for The Gyro House

: http://www.gyrohouse.com/

: Good folks.

: They did my DG and my AI, on Jim's recommendation.
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993