Old September 26th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

Default 3-blade prop?

Jay Honeck wrote:

Any input either way would be great. Anyone converted to the 3-blade
prop in the Pathfinder/Dakota/Cherokee Six line? Anything good or bad
to say would be helpful.

Jay, sorry I cannot offer any specifics about your aircraft, but I can
share my decision when I was presented with the option of installing a
three-blade on my Bonanza a couple of years ago.

This was my list of pros and cons of going to a three-blade:

Pros:
- quieter
- better climb rate
- coolness factor

Cons:
- cost
- reduction of cruise speed by a few knots

I, too, recall reading about some who had problems with vibration after
upgrading.

In the end, I decided that the cost didn't justify the pros and the
marginal loss of cruise speed was not the direction I wanted to move after
stepping up from a C172.

--
Peter