Old July 25th 19, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jock Proudfoot

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

At 16:52 25 July 2019, wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 10:34:54 AM UTC-6, Charles

Longley wrote:
So I fly out of Ephrata and Arlington, WA. What would make the

Canadians
happy if I flew into their airspace? I am probably going to install a
transponder this winter.

1) You would file an American Flight Plan 1-800-WX-BRIEF (took

me forever
to figure out that you file the flight plan for the country where you

are
taking off from)

2) Talk to USA ATC for your area, get a transponder code. In

Canada, we
squawk 1202 until they give us a different code. You might be

able to do
this on the ground before taking off.

3) Tell USA ATC as you approach the border that you are leaving,

switch
over to Canada ATC. I think you would be talking to one of the

"East"
frequencies on this page.
http://www.canairradio.com/bc.html
They are
likely hailed as Pacific Center.

Not sure what happens if you drop below transponder coverage.

I think that Chester's flight is a new record for Canadian Territorial
Free Out & Return.
Well done Chester.