Old May 7th 05, 11:12 AM
David Cartwright

"Peter R." wrote in message
In hindsight, the fact that his medical had expired by a
month (Class III expires in two years from March '03, right?) was somewhat
interesting for a large flight school such as AF. Did it expire because
of
oversight or did it expire because the instructor had a condition that
wouldn't allow him to pass? We don't know.

And as someone else said, if memory serves, it could well be that he'd just
renewed it and the paperwork hadn't caught up. I don't know about the US,
but in the UK the doctor issues a new medical certificate directly to the
pilot, and then sends notification to the authorities. It's believable that
there could be a few days/weeks before stuff shows up on the official
records.

D.