Old November 1st 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Why are so many Stemme S10-VT motorgliders for sale?

Firstly a correction - I said 100k XCs. I meant 1000k XCs. That said
comment on medicals and reasonable behavior. The light sport aircraft
category,
as has been described, needs either a FAA medical or a valid US
driving license
with the caveat that a FAA medical has not been denied. If denied you
cannot fly a
light sports aircraft. So if you don't think your FAA medical will be
approved
don't take it period. You will still be able to fly gliders and real
complex aircraft
such as the Stemme without a medical even if it has been denied.
Sounds
reasonable? NO! But that is the law.
Being a reasonable person I find this nonsense and I have to judge,
whether or
not. for me, flying an aircraft makes sense. At this time yes but
there will be a
time when I will have to give up flying. Again as a reasonable person
I think I will
be able to recognize that time and take up instead perhaps golf, the
ultimate old
geezer's sport. I tried it 45 years ago and found it such a waste of
time I gave it
up but who knows what the future may hold? Choices narrow with age.
Dave