Old September 15th 10, 10:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer![_2_]

Default Future Club Training Gliders

"JS" wrote in message
The one redeeming quality of the 2-33 "Dragmaster" is that it laughs
at anything roughly resembling a landing.

However I suspect there could be a substantial amount of retraining required
to fly other more slippery ships...

snip

The PW-6 has been around for a while. Perhaps it is a decent trainer?

Fine to fly but allegedly somewhat delicate.

Ka13 is a lovely glider to fly, but getting old.

Lots around, cheap, the largest club in the UK has a fleet of them for it's
primary trainers, now (I think) all with the nose wheel mod which is far
safer than a skid for a messed-up landing.

snip

DG500 isn't bad, not sure about maintenance.

Lovely to fly but not a primary trainer.

snip

AS-K21 gets my vote for this job. Comfortable, sturdy, reasonable
handling. Available new or used. Great support.
Jim

Agreed.