Old September 7th 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seeking head rest for ASW-20C - or a cheap chiropracter : )

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 6:32:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hey Chip, can you provide some details on the foam you added? I’m tall and also fly without the seat back. I’d like to see what you did. Thanks!

John

I used very firm closed-cell polyurethane foam, the black stuff. Not ideal; it would still rebound although much less than the softer, springy foams. Memory foam would be great but it gets hard when cold without body temperature to keep it warm (unlike foam under the butt or in the lumbar area). There are some impact-absorbing packaging foams for electronic goods that I want to try this winter to see if I can get something better.

Chip Bearden