Old June 29th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

Default First flight in our "new" Ercoupe...

In article o%p9k.229366$yE1.40599@attbi_s21,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Keith really wants to get rid of this carburetor, and so do I -- but (as
with all of these things) it would be easy to dump $5K into this right away,
which completely negates the idea of this being "cheap flying". So I'm
trying to put the brakes on all of our "wants" until we've flown the plane a
while.

That is a hard to find carburetor with the mixture control for that
engine. I know, I looked for one for several years to put on the Champ.
There are some junk ones that people want too much money for, so let
Keith look before you buy.

With our schedule, that probably won't happen -- but Joe's just too green to
fly it in by himself.

He's not going to learn any younger. Send him out early, before the
crowds are expected. He will do fine.