Old March 8th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Flying to Texas...recommendations?

Blanche wrote:

Barney Rubble wrote:

If you want to keep the aviation theme going, head on over to Galveston.
There is a great aviation museum right on Scholes Field
(http://www.lsfm.org/) and Moody Gardens is very close by. You'll love the
hotel at T82, but it is a taxi ride into town and the restaurant on the
field is only OK IMHO. A good ariel tour of the hill country and a stop in
Llano for BBQ at Coopers would also be a nice diversion. WX is looking good
for the next 3-4 days.

Definitely go to Galveston. Then take the crew car (if you can) for
the short drive up to JSC and take the tour. Back to Galveston for
fresh seafood. Don't forget to pick up one of those cheap foam
coolers to fill with ice and fresh, live shrimp (are we in season yet?)
to take home. Wrap in a big plastic garbage bag, no problem with
the smell.

A bicycle trip around the historic homes is beautiful. My sister lives
there.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP