Old December 25th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Default contrails

Gary Evans wrote:
To get off of religion for a minute it is amazing how many people
believe contrails are evidence that the government is spraying the
population with something. Maybe it’s just the loons out here in the
west but I caught a call-in radio program a while back discussing
contrails and people were calling in expressing their belief in the
conspiracy. Part of there proof that it wasn't a natural occurrence
was because the planes only sprayed at certain times. Hard to argue
with that logic.

I live in cotton country, which as you probably don't know,
is Oklahoma.
Cotton spraying is the largest single vector for agri chemicals.
We get contrails. They are about 20 feet off the ground.

Unfortunately, they blow into town - specially the small towns like the
one where I live. People start complaining about their allergies,
and asthmatics stay indoors. People get headaches. Others walk round
carrying small oxygen bottles.

The cotton business is heavily subsidized. In this locality, there
is a pretty lake - actually a reservoir 20 miles north, with a big canal
system to carry irrigation water. This is a popular tourist destination.
The lake water is drained for irrigation, carrying sport fish to
their final destinations. The tourists fade away. The fish are uneatable
if caught in the irrigation ditches. You know - the crop sprays.

Brian W