Old June 27th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Unpaved Landing areas

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:12:24 -0400, Orval Fairbairn
wrote in
:

I did land at Giant Rock one time and talked to one of the saucer people, though.

I over flew Giant Rock once in the late '90s, but thought better of
landing in the deep sand. I'd want to walk the "strip" before
intentionally landing there.

There's lots of "saucer people" out in the desert:
http://www.lucernevalley.net/giantrock/
http://www.labyrinthina.com/rock.htm
http://www.integratron.com/2History/History.html
http://www.elfis.net/rnr/rnrx/giantrock.htm
http://www.crawford2000.co.uk/hopisplit.htm

Good recent and historic Giant Rock photos he
http://havewebsiteswilltravel.com/co...Airport12.html
http://www.mbhs.net/more_photos.htm

I once did a low pass at the unpaved WWII USAAF tactical airstrip at
Essex, CA (scroll down):
http://members.tripod.com/airfields_....htm#campessex

The weeds were too high for the PA28-235 however.