Old April 1st 05, 05:28 PM
OtisWinslow

Ask the CFI to tell you when you hit the compass heading
you want to start your rollout on. Talk thru your logic for
selecting this heading. (compensating for lead/lag of the
compass)

"Ray" wrote in message
I'm just starting out my instrument training in a Cessna 152 that has a
compass mounted at the top of the windshield. Here's a sample picture for
those who have never seen it, http://www.airliners.net/open.file/643201/M

Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to do compass turns under the
hood
with this kind of setup? I've seen a lot of planes with high mounted
compasses, so I imagine this isn't a new question.

- Ray